The mission of WOL Serbia is the evangelism and discipleship of the youth of Hungary and Central Europe through means consistent with the Bible, for the building up and strengthening of the Church of Jesus Christ - with excellence, with enthusiasm, with integrity, and with a servant's heart.
Statement of Faith
The way we live our lives and the way we minister to others flows from what we believe about God and His Word. Word of Life remains faithful to its long heritage of unwavering commitment to the authority of the Bible, and to the importance of right doctrine as a foundation for ministry as reflected in our Statement of Faith.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired of God, and they are without error in the original writings, and they are the supreme and final authority for faith and life.
- We believe that all who by faith receive Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, therefore children of God and eternally saved, and that the Holy Spirit dwells within every believer to enlighten, guide, and enable the believer in life, testimony, and service. We believe that God answers the prayers of His people and meets their needs according to His purpose.
- We believe in one God, Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is eternally existent in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God gives spiritual gifts to all believers for the building up of the body of Christ. However, the miraculous sign-gifts of the Spirit, such as tongues and healings, were limited to the early church.
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, His death to pay the penalty for everyone’s sins, His bodily resurrection, His exaltation at God’s right hand, and His personal, imminent, pre-tribulational and pre-millennial return.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved in Glory and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost in hell.
- We believe that all have sinned and are therefore guilty before God and are under His condemnation.
- We believe that all believers are called to a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices and alliances.
- We believe that from the beginning with Adam and Eve, God ordained marriage as only between a man and a woman. All sexual activity outside of marriage, including homosexual practices, is in direct contradiction to God’s Word and His institution of the home.